Need help on 14 years old India Star Tortoise

Mj9653

Location (City and/or State)
Jenjarom
Hi, i'm from Malaysia. Last year my sister move to Australia and i start to look after her IST which is about 14 years old.
As i'm quite new and appreciate if someone in the forum could help me to reconfirm

1. My sister told me it is female. But almost 14 years, she never laid eggs. She is about 2.2 kg and 8 inch length. So i'm quite confused as i understand adult female should laid eggs. Can someone confirm it is female. I read few forum and i start to worry if the eggs are bound .
Appreciate for your advsie.

Attachments

• type.jpg
    type.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 9
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 9
  • size.jpg
    size.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 10

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If she's not with a male, then chances are she WON'T lay eggs. I'm sorry, but the tail portion of your picture is too far off the bottom of the screen, so I can't see the tail properly, but from what little I CAN see in the thumbnail, it looks like a male tail.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I did have to download your picture and open it with a different program to see the tail. It is definitely a female.

I agree with everything else @Yvonne G said above. With no male contact they can certainly not develop and lay eggs.

Other than the pyramiding, it looks like a very nice and healthy female.

Mj9653

Jenjarom
I did have to download your picture and open it with a different program to see the tail. It is definitely a female.

I agree with everything else @Yvonne G said above. With no male contact they can certainly not develop and lay eggs.

Other than the pyramiding, it looks like a very nice and healthy female.
Thanks for the advise.
It clear all my doubt now.
Many thanks.