Tortoise Supply absolutely the BEST - sending new hatchling

Jami

Hi all,

Many of you read and responded to my posts about my Hermann's hatchling named HermIt and the illness he had, and his ultimate death. Well, Tyler & Sarah from Tortoise Supply (where I got HermIt) are working with me to send me another Hermann's hatchling for free - because this was such an unusual situation with HermIt. I am over the moon happy. I'm a little scared too, but I think, my vet thinks, and Tyler & Sarah think this was just a flukey thing.

Tyler always answered questions I had about HermIt and his care, and they have been great through the whole process. They contacted me when they heard about HermIt's death and know all we did to try to save him. So they're sending me out a new baby - free- and I am so excited and thankful for their generosity! I am going to post this on a general forum as well because it is such a generous thing to do - and because people need to know this is a great place to get Torts and help with them. Top notch customer service - and tort care!

Hoping the new baby is here soon! Can't wait. Thanks Tyler & Sarah of Tortoise Supply!!!!

Next posts will hopefully be of the new hatchling!
Jami

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
So happy for you. Glad you are getting another!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
This is a vendor review, not general chat, ok. Thank you.

Jami

This is a vendor review, not general chat, ok. Thank you.
Hi - sorry! I put it on the vendor thread too. Just was so excited that they're sending me a new one. I'm sure I'll be writing you again about how the new 1 is. I'll stick to general stuff...thanks.....

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Hi - sorry! I put it on the vendor thread too. Just was so excited that they're sending me a new one. I'm sure I'll be writing you again about how the new 1 is. I'll stick to general stuff...thanks.....
No you are right, this is general talk, I am sorry, please carry on.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Ignore my earlier post about this being a vendor review, it's not, sorry. Please feel free to carry on, my apologies.

Jami

Ignore my earlier post about this being a vendor review, it's not, sorry. Please feel free to carry on, my apologies.
Thank you. I've got lots of anxiety about having a new one. Going to try my best with it. I think I need to make sure my enclosure is totally cleaned out and sanitized before the new baby arrives. Do any of you have suggestions? It's a large glass aquarium for now while he's little - to keep the humidity up and things.

I've seen some things in pet stores for reptile sanitizer, and I've seen things for using bleach and water. Any good suggestions would be appreciated! Not sure what I should use to clean the terra cotta water bowl and the tile. Maybe I should get new ones? I'm just concerned that HermIt's infection not get to this little one when he comes home. Thanks in advance!

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I use bleach and water for terra cotta and tank cleaner. I have heard vinegar works well too.

Jami

I use bleach and water for terra cotta and tank cleaner. I have heard vinegar works well too.
Sounds good. Time for a better scrubbing! I need to start thinking up names. HermIt was the perfect name for us...I think I've heard people use apple cider vinegar too.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I have good experiences with them too and best wishes to your new torts.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Tyler is an outstanding guy. They are correct it is a very odd and not common issue to have happen.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Dilute bleach and water, rinse well (3x). Then, if you can set your enclosure stuff out in the sun to bake for a few days....even better.

So excited for you to get your new hatchling!

Jami

Dilute bleach and water, rinse well (3x). Then, if you can set your enclosure stuff out in the sun to bake for a few days....even better.

So excited for you to get your new hatchling!
Ok. Thanks for the info. I'm really happy too!

keepergale

5 Year Member
san diego
Tortoise Supply is showing their customer service to be first rate!