Tortoise table help

Pocket squid

I am going to make a tortoise table for a 6 month old golden Greek tortoise. I have read about how to make one and what wood to use and all that but my question is this: do you have to use some sort of sealent on the inside of the table? If so, what should I use?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Use some sort of wood that can hold up to being damp such as outdoor lumber. Things like arsenic are no longer used in the wood and I use it regularly.
You can then further seal it with pond liner, shower curtain or any number of brush on water barrier sealers.
However, with a Greek, all of that might not matter because I don't think that it's a high humidity needing species. Maybe just use a constuction adhesive in the joints before you screw it or nail it together to keep substrate from falling out of it after it's set up and in use.

Pocket squid

Use some sort of wood that can hold up to being damp such as outdoor lumber. Things like arsenic are no longer used in the wood and I use it regularly.
You can then further seal it with pond liner, shower curtain or any number of brush on water barrier sealers.
However, with a Greek, all of that might not matter because I don't think that it's a high humidity needing species. Maybe just use a constuction adhesive in the joints before you screw it or nail it together to keep substrate from falling out of it after it's set up and in use.
Ok, Thank you!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Humidity is important for any species when they are a baby. I would use something more closed in until your tortoise passes the 4-5" mark.