Tortoise table

Claireybell

My daughters tortoise table is looking abit blah! What is the safest paint to use on the outside? Can u paint the inside?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Yes you can paint it. Regular exterior paints will usually last a while. Make sure all fumes are gone before putting the tortoise back. I run a fan on newly painted things for several days before putting the tortoise back in. Or I keep it outside in the sun and breeze for a few days.

I don't remember what species and size your tortoise is, but tables are not good for some species. What have you got?

Claireybell

Yes you can paint it. Regular exterior paints will usually last a while. Make sure all fumes are gone before putting the tortoise back. I run a fan on newly painted things for several days before putting the tortoise back in. Or I keep it outside in the sun and breeze for a few days.

I don't remember what species and size your tortoise is, but tables are not good for some species. What have you got?

Hi we have a horsefield. 3 yrs old

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
My kids have fun painting large rocks for the enclosure. The tortoises seem to be curious about them. But you have to use children's non toxic paint because they will try to bite the colorful rocks LOL.:D

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
My daughters tortoise table is looking abit blah! What is the safest paint to use on the outside? Can u paint the inside?
A warm welcome to the forum!

I'd rather not paint the inside of an enclosure, just so as to remain on the safe side.

Claireybell

A warm welcome to the forum!

I'd rather not paint the inside of an enclosure, just so as to remain on the safe side.
Have you painted the outside? If so did you leave the tortoise out for a few days? My garden is not suitable at the moment, under reconstruction x

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Have you painted the outside? If so did you leave the tortoise out for a few days? My garden is not suitable at the moment, under reconstruction x
Yes, but this was done during SUMMER and the enclosure was left outside for WEEKS till I used it.