Tortoise table

Nebula new home

Location (City and/or State)
South Molton
Hi we have a Mediterranean tortoise. We have received a new tortoise table. Can you confirm what a good clear sealer coat we can apply to the timber inside and out to make it last and not affect our tortoise

Attachments

• D9C5EAA7-95C3-4E9F-A3AA-B7C3A9C62F7C.jpeg
    D9C5EAA7-95C3-4E9F-A3AA-B7C3A9C62F7C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi we have a Mediterranean tortoise. We have received a new tortoise table. Can you confirm what a good clear sealer coat we can apply to the timber inside and out to make it last and not affect our tortoise
There isn't a sealer that I trust. What size is your tortoise? That enclosure is too small for anything but a baby, and the wide open top isn't ideal for a baby. Tortoise tables are only good for adults, but they need to be at least 4x8 feet.

More here:

Nebula new home

South Molton
There isn't a sealer that I trust. What size is your tortoise? That enclosure is too small for anything but a baby, and the wide open top isn't ideal for a baby. Tortoise tables are only good for adults, but they need to be at least 4x8 feet.

More here:
Hi she is around 14cm long and does have an outside enclosure (when the sun is out 8 x 4ft.) Our inside table is just under 3ft x 4ft long with a mesh lid which we are unlikely to use indoors as she will not be able to reach over the sides as they are 30cm tall

TaylorTortoise

Abington
I honestly think cabinet liners work great for lining the inside. I got clear cabinet liner, and stapled it to the wood. I will replace when needed. Works excellent to hold in moisture and all.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
You can put plexi glass over to help hold in humidity as well. I use an open top (Spraying a lot to keep humdity levels good and dumping water in spots) Half my tank is screen, a tiny gab for air circulation, and the other half is plexi. My tortoise is a hatchling and with constantly spraying and damping the substrate it still works. I have another tortoise enclosure next to my hatchling so it keeps our room fairly warm and temps perfect.