1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Tortoise Town

Discussion in 'Tortoise Vendor Reviews' started by Elizabeth Restat, Aug 29, 2016.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. helosoldier66

helosoldier66 Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Southern Alabama
    I did the same a couple weeks ago and same result
  2. synapsid

synapsid New Member

Columbia South Carolina
    Do not order from Tortoise Town.

Last week (10/24/18) I ordered 3 turtles from the site. Their website claims that turtles will be shipped the day after ordering, and received the day after that. I ordered turtles on Wed. On Friday I contacted Tortoise Town to inquire whether the animals would arrive that day since I hadn't heard from them. They replied that the animals would ship the next week, and they would contact me on Monday to arrange a date. They never contacted me. On Tuesday I contacted them again and asked for the status of the order. They replied that they were waiting for improved weather, and that they would ship that week. The turtles were to be used in a biology class demo, and I told TT that I needed the animals by Thursday. Thursday came, and not turtles. No explanation from Tortoise Town, no apology, they never contacted me. I cancelled the order and will never order from them again.
  3. Wendy Proulx

Wendy Proulx Active Member

Chesapeake VA
    We purchased a yellowfoot from them last year. I would never do it again, but we were very lucky. With a lot of TLC, we have a very healthy tortoise now. Good luck on anyone who has little ones. Watch them closely. Other who have not bought, pls don’t use them. There are so many better breeders out there.
  4. xphare

xphare Member

Tampa
    I purchased a leopard and a sulcata hatchling from them about 2 years ago. Both passed away suddenly soon after getting them. I originally thought they were good people but after my experience with them I deleted my good review on their facebook page. Now I know better than to ever even look in their direction.
  5. Cherryman304

Cherryman304 Member Tortoise Club

Same happened to me. I contacted them and explained they sent the wrong tort and the next week I had two. 20190413_143315.jpeg