Tortoise World SARL

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Tortoise Wold SARL
I'm putting this in general discussions because I have not had direct dealings with this company. However when I was fist looking to get an Aldabra - and before joining this site, an inquiry was sent out to advertisers to see what was available and Tortoise World in Cameroon was one place contacted.

Fortunately I found Aldabraman close to me and got my " Cupcake " from him.

However , other so called breeders and private individuals continue to contact me.

Most have been scams and were easily exposed. When you offer to pick up the tortoise in person with cash the jig is up :) I had one who was really slick, sent pictures , called me serversl times and could even speak English reasonably well. But when I played along and then finally came close to a " deal" I asked for one more photo with my name written on the shell in chalk. Never heard from them again.

But this place in Camaroon has a very professional website and pick up - of course is impossible. My belief is they are NOT legit. If I'm wrong , please tell me.

I have 2 purposes for this post. One, a caution to newbies , be extremely careful to vette anyone wanting you to send / wire money. And if the price is way below market - even more so

And two , am I right in assuming Tortoise World SARL is a scam ? Has anyone ever tried to get anything from them - or know?

With Internet advertising and the quick $ to be made , the dishonesty is rampant.
Mike

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Their website didn't load for me... HA, that's because they couldn't... o_O

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Most of the Camaroon sales are scams.

We had some a couple years ago on the Forum that were selling the high end tortoises for cheap. When you looked on their site, they also had ads for puppies, and the wording of the puppy ads was copy/pasted from the tortoise ads, but they neglected to correct some of the words, so the puppy ads also referred to the pups as tortoises, etc. Same glowing facts about the tortoises and the puppies.