breeder advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxrayzer

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi guys, I am fairly to this hobby and found a overseas website called montgomeryreptiles located in Cameroon. I don't know how their reputation is and was wondering if you can give me some advise because I have contacted the owner and he only wants wire transfers and I don't have any references. Please let me know if you have any info on this breeder and if you think it is safe to order from this person. thx

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
My advice on this or anything similar is never do wire transfers unless you have references or are definitely positive you will get what you purchased.

There are plenty of reputable dealers out there, possibly in your own area, that will ship you quality pets so if you even feel a little bit like it may be a scam, find another company to deal with.

Read up on the different torts on this site and ask your questions before you move on. There are many highly experienced people here who will gladly help you along.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
gxrayzer, there have been people in the past that have dealt with people from Cameroon that want only wire transfers and it was not a good deal. I do not know this one in particular but I would never wire $$$ to Cameroon there are too many reputable breeders and caregivers that are selling and adopting out CB torts and turts. You do not tell where you are from. Perhaps this could help find you someone in your area.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
That is known in the trade as a Nigerian scam :p He's not on the up and up and just wants your money. He can't send you tortoises from out of the country unless you have an import permit and they have to come into certain designated airports.
So save your money and buy your CB tortoises from the country your already in. :)

Danny

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
NEVER deal with the Cameroon! Always a scam. its what they do for a living! i'm messing with one now about bull dog puppies...Bull Dogs sell for $1500 plus dollars.. they have them there for $35... and say the weather is bad for them etc.. and i ONLY pay shipping up front to get them here.. Sounds great.. $200 for a expensive dog.. Sound too good to be true....??? YEP!!! anyway.. I'm playing with this person.. wasting thier time.. HA!
They try it with any $$$$ item they know people here in the states want.
Always deal locally or thru good referals.

gxrayzer

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
yeah Laura, that is exactly the same situation I was in a few days ago. This guy from his badly made website tried to sell me radiated tortoise for a fraction of the cost as US. He also refused to give me any prove of his facility's existence. I stopped contact with him after listening to a few veterans of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.