Tortstork!

Thomas tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
I am wanting a CH tortoise from tortstork and i am thinking about getting a Cherry head tortoise instahatch egg once they get some available and they are selling this incubator. Just making sure this is the right incubator to use and will i have to buy anything more to add on to it? Screenshot_20220401-225512_Chrome.jpg

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
Thats the one Mr TortStork recommends & sells along with the about to hatch torts. No reason to question his demonstrated success.
Im sorry your post is a little confusing. So... if i buy a instahatch egg it comes with the incubator or do i have to buy it separate?

tortlvr

Today is my birthday!
San Diego Ca
Okay! Thank you! :)
There's one that has temp/hum settings that are helpful. I've used both models. I hang a mimi temp gage and put the other end at egg level to monitor unit without gages. Always good to have more than one monitor. These units tend to overheat if room temps get too high. Good luck. Nothing more exciting than watching these little guys enter our lives.

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
The temperature an humidity indicators on those styrofoam incubators are nearly useless. You are probably better off adding a separate sensor like a Sensorpush.

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
And i dont need to add a mini fan on the incubator do I?
The temperature an humidity indicators on those styrofoam incubators are nearly useless. You are probably better off adding a separate sensor like a Sensorpush.

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
I don't know, I have never used one for tortoise eggs. We have a foam one that we used for chickens once or twice and found the temperature and humidity dials on it were off by a LOT.

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
Do i need a sensorpush or would a digital humidity and temperature gauge work?