Trampling

Linhdan Nguyen

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
So I know everyone has mentioned plants being trampled by their tortoises & I never really had plants in their temporary enclosure before so i always figured , "yeah they'll trample it some, it won't be too bad" ......
I finally witness the true trampling. I forgot to take pictures, but i put the 2 decomposable pots of their planted seed mix (which has sprouted to a good size) for my Russians to eat before i went to my class, and they wasted no time trampling them as they ate. I was so shocked and slightly mortified.
I spent a little time trying to move them off but then i remembered this is normal so i left to class and am afraid to go home to see the aftermath.
It's kind of funny thinking about it now, but it was slightly devastating to see it happen then.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
That's why you got to remember the enclosure is their home not our's . And they prove it to us if we forget that it's their home ! :)

Linhdan Nguyen

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Can't say you weren't warned :D

You cannot be a proud gardener when you own a tortoise! :D
Yes i was warned :/
How come everyone posts pictures of pretty enclosures and not the ones that have been trampled ?! The trampling must be the fine print of tortoise owning. Haha