trouble with star tortoise

Sandeep Haritwal

I m having star 4 tortoise 2 are of approx 1.2 years age and other 2 are just 4 to 5 months approx, now one of the smaller one is having problem in opening eye every time when I give them food and always I need to clear his eyes with warm water or some time I keep him or her in warm water with normal level slight up of his legs but now it above a month or two his condition is same as before so please help me to get him out of this issue as he is not having his food properly and on time as other 3 use to have. Also his not active after this starting this issue.

I always keep all my 4 turtles in direct sunlight for hours and whenever I keep him in water he roam here and there in the water tub easily also it helps him to clean his digestive system.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
How warm is it where he lives? It might not be warm enough for him.

Also, when in direct sunlight for hours, do they have shade so they can get out of the sun?

Do you use a light over their habitat? If so, what kind of light?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Answers to the ? above and any other info you can give will help us to help you. Like actual temps humidity etc

jason00

A friend passed a 2 inch star tortoise 2 days ago which he received less than a week ago as he is going on a last minute business trip.
The tortoise does not move at all. Eyes shut. Still alive but looks very dehydrated?
i have been soaking him 3 times a day with carrot baby food mix with warm water half an hour and lukewarm water only 15mins. He has movements when soak in carrots. only open his eye once after soaking n cleaning its eye for less than a minute on the second days.

Day time bask in the direct sun.
when there is no direct sunlight, i placed it under a exoterra SunGLO 50w
Night time using a ceramic bulb.
Temperature kept around 31 degree to 33 degree.Humidity is around 66% or higher.
currently housed in a rectangular plastic tub with zoomed's Repti Bark. to separate from others.
Not sure when was the last time it fed. no poop or urine so far that i noticed.
Is the carrot soaking able to provide enough energy to it? or is there a need to force feed?

Is there any thing else that i can do to help?

File_000 (6).jpeg File_001.jpeg File_002 (1).jpeg File_003.jpeg