TRUST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
Is when you trust your tortoise will not smoosh you!

205wlck.jpg

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Great picture! How I wish I could get back down to Florida and visit your place!! :(

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Florida
i love that. i remember my first trusting experiences with each of our torties. I think it was a mutual understanding that a big male, Ralph and I shared. He has an old foot injury that we think suffers from arthritis in the winter, and occasionally i will check the inside of the joint because he has some scarring. In order to do that, he has to lift up, and i kneel down beside him and cradle his front right foot in my arm to balance and get a good look at the inside, while trusting him not to fall over on me, and he trusting me to hold his balance so he doesn't fall. Our vet was amazed when I told him it was no problem to get a good look & showed him how what Ralph & I could do. Those torts have my heart.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
zesty_17 said:
i love that. i remember my first trusting experiences with each of our torties. I think it was a mutual understanding that a big male, Ralph and I shared. He has an old foot injury that we think suffers from arthritis in the winter, and occasionally i will check the inside of the joint because he has some scarring. In order to do that, he has to lift up, and i kneel down beside him and cradle his front right foot in my arm to balance and get a good look at the inside, while trusting him not to fall over on me, and he trusting me to hold his balance so he doesn't fall. Our vet was amazed when I told him it was no problem to get a good look & showed him how what Ralph & I could do. Those torts have my heart.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.