Turt not eating :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paradise
My five month old boxie isn't eating any worms I put out for her. I have recently started a job so now they aren't fed until 4:30 weekdays. Please help.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am having the same problem with my one year olds. They eat about ever 3 days. I started doing carrot baths everyday and after trying many other things I found that they like dry Kahoot's brand dog food the salmon and sweet potato kind soaked in water. I have decided I am not good with box turtles and am going to rehome them with another member. So I guess I am not much help, other than to give creative idea's. Oh yah try rolly pollys. You can find them under rocks and make sure your little turtles are warm enough. Good luck :)

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
How warm is it? Also how's your set up? Web was the last time it ate? Notice a h weird behaviors? Are you usin night crawler worms ?

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
Millerlite said:
How warm is it? Also how's your set up? Web was the last time it ate? Notice a h weird behaviors? Are you usin night crawler worms ?

I live in Florida so it's very warm here. She soaks in warm water before feeding. I feed them gut loaded meal worms and earth worms. I also offer veggies everyday for them to eat at their leisure. I put her in a separate container and covered it and let her be alone for a while and she began to eat the cut up earth worm. That makes me feel better. Thank you for your help. I think she's in a transition period and just adjusting maybe.

tickle

5 Year Member
Try fish like feeder from the pet store also crickets they lovem and maybe they just don't want that food anymore feeding a mixed diet is best.what is the tempjust causeits warm outside doesn't tell us much a big change like in10 degrees cannout them off the feed but babies should allways eat don't give up yet.keep mixing vituperates try life pinkish fish gold fish or shinners they love them.crickets are also a favorite.I no this sounds gross and cruel but pinkie mice are also a favorite and a part of a wild boxies diet they hunt under the mats of fallen leaves were roadents have nurseries.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Night crawlers are a favorite or wax worms. Wax worms are fatty tho so don't over feed, but the movement is a favorite or box turtles since they craw so much

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
Millerlite said:
Night crawlers are a favorite or wax worms. Wax worms are fatty tho so don't over feed, but the movement is a favorite or box turtles since they craw so much

She ate an earth worm and I fed her some crickets last night. She just needed to get use to some changes in her environment and have some privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.