Status
Not open for further replies.

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Turtle Eggs Explode!

That's what came to mind when I checked my incubator this morning and it looked like there was an explosion with baby box turtles every where!

Actually, there was no explosion, these eggs all hatched normally within 24 hours of each other. Some of you may remember when I posted a picture of the eggs right after their mother "Chip" laid them a couple months ago. 5 of the 7 eggs were fertile, the other 2 were duds. That's pretty good though.

TurtleExplosion.jpg

Mother "Chip" and eggs back around June 27, 2009
Chipplus7.jpg

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Awww they are sooo cute!
Congratulations to you Patrick and Congratulation to Chip, she did a good job :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Here I thought this was going to be a sad thread.:p Normally when you read about an egg exploding, it means they were bad and well...they exploded. :rolleyes: Glad your explosion was of a better variety. Congrats!

Clementine_3

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Upstate NY
HA!! What a tub of cuteness you have!! Chip is a good girl, even if she does look extremely ticked off in that pic...but who wouldn't after egg laying.

M

Maggie Cummings

How much fun is that! Jeez, I would just love an experience like that. Looking at them just made me smile...How wonderful!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Congratulations on the 5 little chips you got. They are just precious. Babies gotta love them. So glad this was a Good explosion for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.