Turtle Identification, please help.

RayBolt

Location (City and/or State)
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Hello everyone, I am new and this is my first post :).
My cousins found a turtle in a park a few months ago, but I have recently been researching about him (we think it’s a male), and I couldn’t find his type. I decided to do the research because I thought they might be doing something wrong as they didn’t do any research, and they had 2 turtles before and one of them always took the food and he died, and then a few weeks later the other one died. I am no expert and I don’t know what type he is, so I can you help me? Thanks!7EC40629-2D3A-4D02-A44F-99B4DDE496D8.jpegD51A6B8F-AC53-4847-A347-102426609BEB.jpeg40DB9873-D68C-4220-BF91-77DD8E4BDB94.jpeg45A85475-3566-4664-8FC8-CF2B8071E0E9.jpeg84168368-A15B-4C80-916C-5B780C244A49.jpeg

Hope you guys are well,

RayBolt

Last edited:

RayBolt

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Clarification: The one who took the food isn’t the one that died, the one that died is the other one. (But that is all in the past let’s focus on this guy).
Also I need to sleep now and I’ll reply at 4AM-6PM GMT.

Hope you’re good,

Ray

Last edited:

RayBolt

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Keep in mind that he hasn't been treated very well, we just started our research and they didn't know anything about UV lights or anything. He also only eats lettuce, and his home is the green box where there is water (he can still breath). I will also post new pictures later today because I'm going there in about 5-8 hours.

RayBolt

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
kind of looks like mauremys annamensis or mutica
Well I live in Saudi Arabia and I don't think they can be found there..... Maybe someone bought it from a shop and abandoned it. Saudi Arabia is basically a desert so I think someone might have abandoned it

ZenHerper

New Jersey
What is the exact care being given -- type of container, temperature of water and air, all foods that have been offered?

@Markw84

RayBolt

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
What is the exact care being given -- type of container, temperature of water and air, all foods that have been offered?

@Markw84
Food: lettuce and sometimes cucumber. Type of container: currently building a new one, although the current one is just a plastic 1 Foot x 9 inches box, here is a pic: 3BD00D02-59A1-4E82-A856-E1F4DB2C68AF.jpeg
Temperature: Water is warm, about 24-26C. Air is about the same.
Care: Food once a day, water cleaning also once a day, walking him every 2-3 days. That’s about it, no lights yet.

-Ray

RayBolt

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Hope you soon get a good ID! Nice little guy. But he needs more than lettuce for sure! No nutrition in that.
Yeah, he started eating cucumbers lately. Tried to get him to eat carrots today, and we waited for 15-25 mins no response, so we got him some lettuce. How do we get him to eat more? Also the problem is that he’s my cousin’s turtle so I can’t get to him everyday. :(
Btw thanks!

-Ray

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I would go with a more animal-protein based diet. The water turtle pellets are good too.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Yeah, he started eating cucumbers lately. Tried to get him to eat carrots today, and we waited for 15-25 mins no response, so we got him some lettuce. How do we get him to eat more? Also the problem is that he’s my cousin’s turtle so I can’t get to him everyday. :(
Btw thanks!

-Ray
Try him with some vegetarian fish pellets - like koi fish food and see if he eats that. for now anyway, he needs proper nutrition.