Turtle tank upgrade

riley_bla41000

Okay so I have two 6 inch red eared sliders in a 20 gallon tank and they need an upgrade, so I was wondering what kind of aquariums do yall like the best, I want to get a 90 gallonImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1421607680.576467.jpg

But was wondering if there was anything that's cheaper and better than a 90 gallon?

Okay I also have a second question, if I got the 90 gallon aquarium, would it be big enough to put two yellow bellied sliders with the red eared sliders? Because I want a tank big enough to put my two baby yellow bellied sliders with them when they get a little bigger. Okay thanks!

ETTB1314

5 Year Member
Don't buy that yet!

I think $460 is really expensive for a tank. I have seen way cheaper ones that are of same size. But then again I don't really know. You should wait for someone else to help you with it.

KevinGG

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz, CA
4 sliders means you'll need a huge tank. Your red ears can still double in size. I would recommend a pond or stock tank. Rubbermaid sells a 300 gallon stock tank

riley_bla41000

4 sliders means you'll need a huge tank. Your red ears can still double in size. I would recommend a pond or stock tank. Rubbermaid sells a 300 gallon stock tank

Yeah I've been wanting to get a pond, but we're moving out of our house in three years as soon as I graduate so we'll wait, and yeah I'll look into those Rubbermaid stock tanks, thanks!

Tyanna

Wisconsin
PetCo has a $ per gallon sale going on where I am, you might want to call and ask. Or search Craigslist, many sell big aquariums for cheap there.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
If you have that many turtles I would get a 300 gallon rubbermaid stock tank. You will need the room

Kyle

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I agree they need a 300g stock tank. Google turtle stock tanks and you will find some nice ideas. Can you set one up outside? Not mine, i have a 150 for one small guy. image.jpg

riley_bla41000

I agree they need a 300g stock tank. Google turtle stock tanks and you will find some nice ideas. Can you set one up outside? Not mine, i have a 150 for one small guy. View attachment 115136

I really want to get a stock tank but here's the deal, I have an autistic brother and I'm afraid about him going outside thinking its a pool and playing in it and injuring one of the turtles.

riley_bla41000

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1421956830.379328.jpg

Is this the one yall are talking about, I'm gonna try to get one this spring and see if I have any problems and if I don't they can use it out doors in the spring, summer and early fall

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
This thread makes me want to have some turtles! ! ! !