Turtle visits Santa

susieq450

Location (City and/or State)
Kodak
I put a couple of Christmas decor in Finn's tank and he took to them rather quickly. In fact, yesterday I caught him sitting on Santa's lap! Guess he wanted to get an early start on those Christmas wishes!!

By the way, he was less than 2 gm when I got him and those of you who have followed me know how worried I was back in August when he first joined our family. He is now a whopping 8 gm and growing. He is doing amazing. Thanks for all the help I got from many of you! I think he is happy with his home now.

Attachments

• 20201202_055636.jpg
    20201202_055636.jpg
    680.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20201202_055648.jpg
    20201202_055648.jpg
    689.1 KB · Views: 25

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Do you have a picture of him at 2 gms? Maybe one with a size reference? I'm trying to imagine something so tiny! :)
Three-striped mud turtle hatchlings are so small you can set one on top of a U.S. quarter... and still see part of the quarter! Actually, I think they're basically nickel size when they start out.

susieq450

Kodak
Do you have a picture of him at 2 gms? Maybe one with a size reference? I'm trying to imagine something so tiny! :)
Yes, he was tiny as were all the mud turtles I had. He is doing so well now, gaining about 2 gm per month so far.

Attachments

• new baby 2 (2).jpg
    new baby 2 (2).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 12
  • new baby 3 (2).jpg
    new baby 3 (2).jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 12

susieq450

Kodak
Oh my goodness! That truly is tiny...and unbelievably adorable!
Yes, he was so adorable and tiny but I think he is still very adorable. He is developing a great personality as well but does live up to his name! Finn is for finicky! Eat pellets! Are you kidding!! But I do not care as long as he eats and is healthy!!

susieq450

Kodak
Three-striped mud turtle hatchlings are so small you can set one on top of a U.S. quarter... and still see part of the quarter! Actually, I think they're basically nickel size when they start out.
You are so right. He was definitely about the size of a nickel when I got him and you know how terrified I was at first when he did arrive. Now he is pretty close to those double digits we talked about. I am so pleased with his progress!

susieq450

Kodak
You are so right. He was definitely about the size of a nickel when I got him and you know how terrified I was at first when he did arrive. Now he is pretty close to those double digits we talked about. I am so pleased with his progress!
I think we said we'd have to throw a party when Finn hits the double digits in his weight!! Yay and Merry Christmas!! I weighed him yesterday and he went from 3 grams in August when I got him to a whopping 10 grams!! He may be finicky but who cares when he is making such great progress. Thanks to you for all the encouragement along the way when I was feeling very despondent after several losses prior to this little guy. He is doing well and developing a great personality as well. Thank you and Merry Christmas!!