Turtles

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
Luecism and albino are different traits, so the luecistic turtles would also have to be carrier/het for albino

Bruce123

North Carolina
Leucism and albino are different traits, so the leucistic turtles would also have to be carrier/het for albino
THANK So if i had 4 eggs hatch and 2 are Leucisim and 2 normal possibly carrying Leucism if i mate the 2 Leucism i would get Leucism & 100% het .How about if i pair the Leucism and the normal that hatch with them they will all look normal but some would be carring the Leucism gene just dont know which one ????

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Assuming leucism is a basic recessive trait:
-the pair that produced the 4 eggs are both het
-the normal looking offspring would be 66%het
-the 2 leucistic would produce leucistic offspring
-leucistic x normal looking, all offspring would be het, some might be leucistic if the normal is actually het

Bruce123

North Carolina
THANK So if i had 4 eggs hatch and 2 are Leucisim and 2 normal possibly carrying Leucism if i mate the 2 Leucism i would get Leucism & 100% het .How about if i pair the Leucism and the normal that hatch with them they will all look normal but some would be carring the Leucism gene just dont know which one ????

Assuming leucism is a basic recessive trait:
-the pair that produced the 4 eggs are both het
-the normal looking offspring would be 66%het
-the 2 leucistic would produce leucistic offspring
-leucistic x normal looking, all offspring would be het, some might be leucistic if the normal is actually het
Thank you