Two red foot tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

grettas mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
It is with a very heavy heart that I am posting this,,,I just found out that my family is loosing our house. We have 30 days before we have to be out and as much as I dont want to admit it, I cant take Gretta and Stanley with me, we will not have the spafce for their enclosure and I refuse to down-size them. I refuse to post them on craigslist because I do not trust people on there.
I have one female, Gretta, who I believe to be around 6 or 7 years old, she is 7 inches in length and then I also have Stanley, a male, who is around 3.5 inches. Yes, they do live together and get along great, they even sleep and eat together too. I am asking a $50 re-homing fee to help ensure they go to a good home, however, that is ot set in stone. They do have a 6ft x 4ft tortoise table right now too and that I will sell for $100, they have onlybeen in it for around 2 months now so its still in great shape.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and if you have any questions please email me with them. I can also send you pics if you are interested. The only reason I didnt post pics now is because my camera needs a battery, which I do not have at this time.

~Danielle

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
A state would be helpful to people looking.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Her profile pic says Wisconsin.

I would love to help- I could in theory meet you somewhere (I'm in Omaha) and do it, but I am short on space (and money) as well. If no one else can help, let me know and I will try to do something for you.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Where in Wisconsin do you live? If you think you would just need a temp home for them, I may be able to help you out. I have one RF currently and am planning to get a Greek as soon as it warms up so it can be shipped, so not really looking at more rf at this time for long term. If I can help let me know!

grettas mom

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Sorry I guess a location would help. I live in Milwaukee Wisconsin. Unfortunately, I am not looking for just a temporary home. This move will not be a temporary one so I know I will not be able to keep more torts any longer.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Dannielle:

I'm so sorry this is happening to you and your family. I can't imagine what you're going through, but you have my utmost sympathy and well wishes.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
grettas mom said:
Sorry I guess a location would help. I live in Milwaukee Wisconsin. Unfortunately, I am not looking for just a temporary home. This move will not be a temporary one so I know I will not be able to keep more torts any longer.

I am sorry to hear of your situation. I am willing to help foster until you are able to find a new home for them. I live near Appleton.

jwhite

5 Year Member
west milwaukee,wi
Danielle, Hi I live in west milwaukee and would probably be able to help you out. Unfortunately my finances are little tight right now also with it being Christmas and all.

Here is a little about my tortoise experience though I have kept Russians for about the last ten years I have a breeding group of 3 females and 3 males they are being kept in a 6' x 8' enclosure. I have a real good vet that I use.

I wouldn't need the enclosure because I have another that is standing empty. I could give you a little now and the rest later and also if later down the road you decided you wanted them back you could cetainly get them.

Jon

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just love the people on this forum! Thank you all for being such good sports and actually living the Christmas Spirit! Dannielle is having a pretty hard time (you all know how hard it is to part with a treasured animal), and you folks have really stepped up to the plate. Thank you so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.