Two year-old cherries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So FL
4ce3e5056b9f21941216db38e80759bc_zpse1539e55.jpg

Carlos is getting much more red instead of the salmon color he had.

6a7129753ec0969a613885302f4aef2d_zpse6ee7212.jpg

Still no name for this guy. He's stayed very smooth and really red.

2c78c78d34cf404ace5a004a5882fbba_zpsbf75cec2.jpg

Flo has grown slightly. Her weight really picked this summer. She's also getting more red coloring. No marbling yet...

b83667e5f87474f055d424af7c7d7509_zpsebdfc8a3.jpg

31a4ce73cb9d016c03a779cd794fb64f_zps329f5fd1.jpg

Group soak.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
All are beauties but my favorite is the one in the middle in the soaking dish.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Thanks! That was one of Allegra and Mark's holdbacks. They graciously parted with him. The other two are Carl's and are from the same clutch as the triplets. I'm lucky to have all of them.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Love the new thread!! :)
They are gorgeous Charlie! The coloring is amazing!!

allegraf

10 Year Member!
How did I let that one go? So happy they went to a great home! They are looking fantastic. You really need a better camera than your iPad though.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
I could tell allegras baby. They seem to have a distinctive look. I love mine from her. Anywho they look great!

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Wow, the head coloring is amazing! They are all gorgeous!

Ann from CT

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Thanks everyone. Yes, Allegra's is pretty cool but the others are beautiful also. They all have character. The two from Carl will most likely show significant marbling. Carlos has started already. I'm fortunate to live down here next to two great keepers. They are pretty patient with all of my dumb questions.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
CharlieM said:
Thanks! That was one of Allegra and Mark's holdbacks. They graciously parted with him. The other two are Carl's and are from the same clutch as the triplets. I'm lucky to have all of them.

They all look great, you've done a fine job of raising them! I can definitely see why that was a holdback! You can't go wrong with Carl's or Allegra's torts that's for sure! Great animals and great breeders with a wealth of knowledge and extremely personable to boot.

allegraf said:
How did I let that one go? So happy they went to a great home! They are looking fantastic. You really need a better camera than your iPad though.

The better pics would just make me drool over them some more! :D

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
I know, I know. I need a better camera. The iPad is so easy to take photos, add to photobucket and post.

fe3af34037783cb3581947a13693fdef_zps85ad9898.jpg

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
They're looking great Charlie! I like the marbeling that's forming on the largest guy.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Thanks Chris! His new growth is smooth. I struggled with him early on. He eats like a pig and basks for hours in the direct sun drying out while the other two spend most of the time in the humid areas. I have to remove him for a few minutes and let the others get a head start on fruit or mazuri days or he eats most of it. He gulps his food down three times as fast as they do.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
CharlieM said:
Thanks Chris! His new growth is smooth. I struggled with him early on. He eats like a pig and basks for hours in the direct sun drying out while the other two spend most of the time in the humid areas. I have to remove him for a few minutes and let the others get a head start on fruit or mazuri days or he eats most of it. He gulps his food down three times as fast as they do.

I wonder if his mom is Darth Maul? That might explain the difference in growth! :p

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Their mother is Tambaqui. I'm pretty sure the father is Moe.
The really red one's mother is Oren.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
CharlieM said:

I have one that also prefers dry areas (Coagi) and s/he developed some very mild bumps too. Once I caught on I started soaking and spraying the little terd often and it seems to be smoothing things out. Hopefully I can post some updates on the group soon. Rafiki is my alpha of the group and commonly gets removed so the others can have a shot at the treats...

Bryan

10 Year Member!
CharlieM said:

IIRC Tambaqui is a good sized girl herself, not to "Darthian" levels, but a good sized girl nonetheless.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Redstrike said:
CharlieM said:

I have one that also prefers dry areas (Coagi) and s/he developed some very mild bumps too. Once I caught on I started soaking and spraying the little terd often and it seems to be smoothing things out. Hopefully I can post some updates on the group soon. Rafiki is my alpha of the group and commonly gets removed so the others can have a shot at the treats...

Photos please!

Bryan said:
CharlieM said:

IIRC Tambaqui is a good sized girl herself, not to "Darthian" levels, but a good sized girl nonetheless.

Yes, not as huge as Darth but I believe she's 11.5 inches. Maybe 12 by now.

Carl hasn't posted photos in a while... What can we bribe him with?

Bryan

10 Year Member!
CharlieM said:
Redstrike said:
CharlieM said:

Photos please!

Bryan said:
CharlieM said:

Yes, not as huge as Darth but I believe she's 11.5 inches. Maybe 12 by now.

Carl hasn't posted photos in a while... What can we bribe him with?

Not sure TBH, cash is the currency of choice for most bribes but I'm morally against bribes, if they're coming from me! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.