Typical day on Craigslist

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
I know from talking to people searching for tortoises that SoCal may not be similar to other places around the country. This is a typical day on Craigslist:

BTW that sickly-looking $1000 Sulcata was listed for $2,500 last week, but the price goes down every day...

Note that $500 is for the pair in that miserable cage eating watermelon 😭

Attachments

• torts-CL.jpg
    torts-CL.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 2

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
That sulcata omg😭
Posts like these make me want to start up this old pet ad project I started for common mistakes with set ups/what to avoid, but it wasn’t very popular on here, left it be in the end.
Poor things💔

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
All sad. The adult sulcata with obvious MBD. The mixing of leopards and Redfoot hatchlings, sad enough, but then them all crowded in a small aquarium that I hope was just for the pic.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
All sad. The adult sulcata with obvious MBD. The mixing of leopards and Redfoot hatchlings, sad enough, but then them all crowded in a small aquarium that I hope was just for the pic.
I don’t know hatchlings very well, but I’m fairly certain that is a stolen photo of sulcatas. I see that same photo used all the time.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don’t know hatchlings very well, but I’m fairly certain that is a stolen photo of sulcatas. I see that same photo used all the time.
Yes you are right. Both aquariums are sulcata but the one does seem to have leopards too. Which those two shouldn't be mixed either.