Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV.
Tyler I'm honestly surprised you only sold them for $3,000. I was thinking you could probably get 4 - 5 thosuand each

Yeah, well, you know, I was trying to be light on the customer LOL.

Michiba54

5 Year Member
Florida
Wow, if some crack pot gave me crap like that I would freakin lose it... my fuse can be abit short when im dealing with the mentally impaired though...

Your guys are saints lol

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I think you are right Tyler that is the same nut. That is crazy He is a tortoise ad stalker freak...is that a word? Well it is now. I wish we had a picture of him. I wonder what a nut like that would look like.

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
I sell a lot of stuff on Ebay and get responses like that from time to time. I put them on my "blocked bidder' list and then ignore them

TashaR

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
...it amazes me that none of these "buyers" who have rude things to say to you can tell the difference between your and you're.

I also fail to see how selling YOUR animals for a certain price is reportable. If I want to put my yellow belly sliders on Craigslist for 2,000 dollars I could...doesn't mean anyone will BUY them, but I have that right. You as sellers have the right to set your asking price. And also, doesn't wholesaling mean selling a group for cheaper, anyway?

So many jerks on CL.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Exactly! Wholesaling does mean that you will get many of whatever item for a cheaper price. I think I gave him a heck of a deal.

-Matt

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I have no tolerance for BS anymore. If someone starts I just stop the contact and ingnore them. My position is if they start that BS, they are not really interested. It is just not worth any stress or my time.

sara

5 Year Member
Wyoming
wow,i gotta say, the internet brings all kinds of wierdos out! and also, as for the pet co thing, every red foot i have seen there is around $100.00 and the russians are around $69..
people are interresting.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I have only seen a few RF's at my local petco over the years and almost all of them were 100 dollars or more, I only saw one a few years back on a managers special, for 69 dollars and it automatically made me wonder what was wrong with it. I had just started my research into RF's so I did not buy it, it was gone rather quickly at that price.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
The only thing I can think of with him harassing you is technically selling animals on craigslist IS against the ToS.

Yes people do it all the time (hello "accidentally bred my purebred pitbulls, these are $150 each"). But as far as animals go, rehoming for reasonable prices is allowed, not selling. So you will get people that flag your tortoises if they think it's too much.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Where I live Redfoots go for 200 dollare in pet stores. There is one in Petland Discount now for a few years...the price never went down. He's beautiful with lots of yellow coloring.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
matt41gb said:
Have any of you guys posted any tortoise on Craigslist for sale and were harrassed? I have a couple of little red-foots that I wanted to sell. I got an email asking how much for the pair. They sell at petco for $110, so I said "$150 for the pair." He then wrote back and said that was too much money and he's reporting me to the I.R.S. and accused me of being a breeder. Whaaaat?? He keeps harassing me to no end about reporting me, it's the weirdest thing that's happened to me in a long time. I guess it's just someone trolling craigslist that has no life. Anyone had a similar experience? I've posted our whole email conversation thus far. I really hate getting into crap like this with stupid people, but this guy was really getting under my skin! There are a couple of choice words from him that I did not edit out.

-Matt

Him: how much for the pair?

Me:I'm asking $150 for the pair or $90 each. Thanks.

Him: i dont wanna be a jerk but you know petsmart sells them for $69.99 each.
just letting you know your wholesaleing. i will offer 120 for both

Me:I was just at Petco last night, and they are $109.99. I think my price is fair. If you want to go to Petsmart and get some, then help yourself. My price is firm.

Him: ok your being flagged

Respond if you like i don't care. This e-mail address is used to monitor
and flag CL only. All threats are forwarded automatically to Denton Co.
Constable.

Have a nice day

Me: Ok, you need to stay out of my business for one thing. I can't help that you don't like my asking price. I'll just keep posting them. I followed all of Craigslist's rules by not posting an asking price. I'll report you if you keep getting into my business. You respond with a threat to me, and say I'll be reported if I threaten you? Haha! Have a nice day.

Him: i never threatened you i just flagged and removed your ad. well one of
them anyway! oh by the way ijust got back from petsmart off 121 and
bought that redfoot i was talkini bout for 69.99. if you would like i
can advertise for petsmart on CL and let everyone your overpriced. Guy
your a moron , i offered 120 for both 30 less than your asking after
proving your retailing these tortoises. so yeah keep it up and i'll make
sure you'll never sell them animals.

Constable.

Have a nice day

Him: OH YEAH FLAGGING IS LEGAL IDIOT!!!

Constable.

Have a nice day

Him: report me i'm doing nothing wrong. go ahead. you cant do stuff.

Constable.

Have a nice day

Me: Hey, tough guy. I've sold many red-foots for the prices I set. I don't care who sales for what. You need to stay out of my business. I always sell for less than their worth. I hatch my own tortoises and spend a lot of money on them. If you're not too scared, come over and I'll give them to you for $100. Something tells me you won't leave your pathetic loser life behind the computer. Have a nice day.
-Matt. Call me 817-798-1909

Him: first off i told you i just bought one and i dont need your unhealthy
crap animals. second i call you it turns into harrasment. third your
just admitted to being a breeder which violates CL rules. so no i wont
stay out of your business i know the law your an idiot.

Constable.

Have a nice day

Me: No harassment from me. I offered you a killer deal and gave you my phone number. Quit with the email or you will really **** me off.

Him: just thought you should know i sent your info and our conversation to
the IRS since you admitted to breeding, hatching, pricing, and selling
reptiles i;m sure they'll want to talk to you bout your illegal no tax
paying profitized business. i wish you would have just sold me the damn
tortoises

Constable.

Have a nice day

Me: It's ok, my wife's mother works for the IRS, I'm not worried. Don't contact me at this email address anymore, or I'll report you for harassment. Got it? If you Want to talk, you have my phone number.

-The end (for now) :)

Thinking that giving your phone # out to this flake may've been a bad idea, Matt!

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Once you start arguing with someone like that, you've already lost. Don't give them the satisfaction.
(All threats are forwarded automatically to Denton Co.Constable) I have seen this before, but I am not sure where. ( i'll make
sure you'll never sell them animals) This is a real threat, and I would call your local sheriff and complain.That might take the wind out of his sails.

Status
Not open for further replies.