TYRONE'S SPECS:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He looks so adventurous. Does he roam a lot or act like most baby torts and sleep a lot?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
wellington said:
He looks so adventurous. Does he roam a lot or act like most baby torts and sleep a lot?

actually both and right away free grazing on grasses....* loves the sprouts * .... very stubborn when woken up ....

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Haha, it's a boy for sure then. Seems lots of males aren't the nicest when first awake or woken:p :D

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
He looks like he's made of platinum. Stunning!

Ann from CT

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You lucky bass turd just kidding . :D
thats one good lookin tort .
Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Thanks gang .... yes I'm pretty excited still myself. Have had alot going on in the last few days ....so just now getting more " stare " time~;)

reatrocity

5 Year Member
West Virginia, United States
Ahhhh!!! So adorable. I have been staring at all the pictures you've posted so far for longer than I care to admit. :p So I can only imagine how much you're valuing that stare time!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Love seeing this guy.

How are you housing him JD? Indoors, Outdoors, both? Humid, dry? I don't know much about caring for them in general but would love to know what you are doing :D And we'd all love to see his beautiful space at the Cove, too!!

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
I wondered if they have trouble with pyramiding. I assume they have a fairly humid environment on the islands. Never having been there.... :-(

Ann from CT

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
Great animal, looking forward to watching him grow up.

morloch

5 Year Member
What a beautiful little guy!! Almost looks like he's made of soapstone! Love the colour!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Team Gomberg said:
Love seeing this guy.

How are you housing him JD? Indoors, Outdoors, both? Humid, dry? I don't know much about caring for them in general but would love to know what you are doing :D And we'd all love to see his beautiful space at the Cove, too!!

Heather ....He/She is being housed both while this small. He is outside most of the day with his own little spot within the Cove' and this should make do for a couple of years until he gets some size and will have the other 2/3rd's of the backyard. He is brought in everynight and kept in a somewhat simple enclosure, steril,heated with moss and simple hide, much like the baby Hypos are kept. With all my little one's they get a soaking in the morning , then fresh meal ..outside to graze , sleep ....explore. As night approaches brought in to my office/herp room... soaked again and perhaps a special little treat ....before off to bed.Humidity inside the enclosure 60-70% with temps 84-88.
His Actual Hatch Date = 8-1-2013

farber2028

5 Year Member
Iowa
His colors right now are awesome. I'm curious to see how big he'll get and how fast he'll get there.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Stare is right. You just want to stare at the little cutie all day long. Well, for us, stare at the pictures out here in TFO land. A Galapagos tortoise! That is so surreal amazing that you have a baby Galapagos in California. Very, very cool. : )

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Wow. I'm saving for an Aldabra. How exciting!! Keep posting pix

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum mobile app