Ugh! Makes me mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa
There is some "smarty" on Craigslist forcing people to buy two hatchling Sulcatas because they are "bonded" and very social. I emailed them to explain otherwise and they claimed they didn't breed, only rescued and that I wasn't educated on the matter.

So, I invited them here and boy, did that **** them off! Began attacking me and accusing me of disliking the "competition". What competition? Thought they were just a rescue?!

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pet/4039499939.html

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey. You did the right thing by trying. Some people just don't want to learn. When you expose their ignorance it can scare or panic them and they lash out sometimes. It's okay. Keep trying to tell people anyway. They first person who tells them will be rebuked. The tenth person who tells them might get a listen. You just never know. All we can do is try.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
at least he is offering to take them back if you ever need to ... and the price is good..
I just wonder how he raises them...

Arnold_rules

5 Year Member
Gilbert, AZ
He looks like he is a breeder, or that is alot of baby rescues all around the same age.

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
Re: RE: Ugh! Makes me mad.

Laura said:
at least he is offering to take them back if you ever need to ... and the price is good..
I just wonder how he raises them...

He must've just added that because it wasn't there before or I missed it?

Yup! Just added. He sent me ANOTHER email just to point out that it now says that.

Just because it says that doesn't mean he'll follow through. That's risky, if you ask me. He rescues his own Sulcatas.... :/

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
At least you tried, not much more you can do.

May be selling them in pairs because he has a whole bunch and is trying to unload them. $80 for two is a pretty good price.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using TortForum mobile app

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Someone a while back asked me where I had seen baby sulcatas for $50...well, here ya go. This guy is asking $40 per baby.

And, actually, babies do better in pairs. It's only when they get to be a year or older that the orneriness begins.

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
Right. Babies do okay together, but as they age it will change. There is no telling the sex of each until they're older and housing two males together = not good.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Atleast you tried. Some people just cant take advice!!!! I am sure you were very nice too!!
Competition?? what an idiot!! :)

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
I know, I saw a wholesaler who would only sell 20 at a time. What a jerk. I guess they should have checked here first for selling instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.