UK Outdoor Enclosure Advice Please

ParisBloom

Location (City and/or State)
London, UK
Hiya,

I built an "experimental" outdoor run around a few months back - my torts love it :)

I am worried about the top soil getting too wet when it rains, as I defo do not want shell rot. So I bring them in and wait until it has dried out.

I am going to build a new outdoor enclosure (now I have seen what they do and do not like). Maybe half with top soil protected as far as possible from rain getting in, with the other half a mix of slate and astro turf for feeding area and general roaming around on.

So I am just wondering what other UK based people would advise / have found works best.

Thanks so much, Paris

molliemoo

Location (City and/or State)
Coventry, West Midlands
Hiya,

I built an "experimental" outdoor run around a few months back - my torts love it :)

I am worried about the top soil getting too wet when it rains, as I defo do not want shell rot. So I bring them in and wait until it has dried out.

I am going to build a new outdoor enclosure (now I have seen what they do and do not like). Maybe half with top soil protected as far as possible from rain getting in, with the other half a mix of slate and astro turf for feeding area and general roaming around on.

So I am just wondering what other UK based people would advise / have found works best.

Thanks so much, Paris
Hi I spend most of my time asking for advice on this forum so happy to some for a change! We have a cover for ours due to the huge amount of rain we have which we can be pulled over or pushed back. Triggers enclosure has his bedroom house, soil and coil and bark, water slate and deeper end for digging. We also have a door so he can come out freely, which he does, we are lucky to have a very secure garden with lots of basking areas and hiding places I'll post some pictures hope they help.