1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Unusual amount of poo, should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Tortoise Health' started by Andreaza, May 4, 2018.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. Andreaza

Andreaza New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Venezuela
    (If you're easily grossed out then sorry)
    Today I went to feed my 4 year old redfoot, and I found her sitting on top of this:
    image.jpg (Hope you can see the picture correctly!)
    I dont think she has ever pooped that much, and her feces are usually more solid than that (it rained yesterday so idk if maybe there was some water on the floor and the poo got diluted? I doubt thats the case though..)
    Should I be worried? She looks the same as always, shes walking around and when i offered her food she ate it without hesitation, but i still found it weird...
  2. wellington

wellington Well-Known Member Moderator 5 Year Member Tortoise Club

Chicago, Illinois, USA
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Not sure of the amount. It's probably more normal of an amount of it wasn't so soft and funny.
    I would give it a day or two and see if she gets back to normal formed hard poops. If not, you may want to have a fecal done for parasites. The poop should be hard and formed so if you were to pick it up with your finger you could.
    In the mean time, give us a run down of her daily diet. Maybe that needs some improvements for normal poops.
    Andreaza likes this.
  3. Andreaza

Andreaza New Member

Venezuela
    Ok, thank you. i'll keep an eye on her

I try to feed her fruits (plums, mango, banana, tomato..) and greens (cactus pads, lettuce, edible flowers, occasionally broccoli leaves) in equal amounts and I give her boiled egg about once a week