Unusual plastron color, whiteness on shell on my red foot. What do I do?

maui2020

Location (City and/or State)
New York
Hi! My 1.5 YO red foot tortoise has unusual plastron color (whiteness) and I have noticed her scratching her shell on the walls. I did some research and it appears that I was keeping the substrate too wet, but what should I do now to make the underbelly look normal? Also, are streaks of light coloration on the shell a reason for concern? Is it shell rot? We already took her to the vet a few months ago to get the underbelly checked out, but didn't get any answers. Doesn't seem to be affecting her behavior. Photos attached. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank You!

IMG_0782.jpgIMG_0783.jpgIMG_0789.jpgPlastron.jpg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hi! My 1.5 YO red foot tortoise has unusual plastron color (whiteness) and I have noticed her scratching her shell on the walls. I did some research and it appears that I was keeping the substrate too wet, but what should I do now to make the underbelly look normal? Also, are streaks of light coloration on the shell a reason for concern? Is it shell rot? We already took her to the vet a few months ago to get the underbelly checked out, but didn't get any answers. Doesn't seem to be affecting her behavior. Photos attached. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank You!

View attachment 337651View attachment 337652View attachment 337653View attachment 337654
That's shell fungus, it's all over the plastron in the picture your lifting the tort up. Get some cheap athletes foot cream and apply it to the white area once a day for a few days and it should clear up.

maui2020

New York
That's shell fungus, it's all over the plastron in the picture your lifting the tort up. Get some cheap athletes foot cream and apply it to the white area once a day for a few days and it should clear up.
Thank you! I will give that a try. Appreciate the quick response.