update on Chewy

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
Here's our little guy, Chewy, Yvonne. He is an eating machine....After he eats, I put him back in his viv. and he just stares at me for a while and then digs under the moss pile.

006-6-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

006-7.jpg

hermansdad

5 Year Member
What a great looking guy! LOVE the eyes, looks like he's hopped up on PCP rofl! Glad to hear he's eating :)

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
OMGosh, Terry ~ What an adorable lil' chow hound you have there, lol! (Or should I say "Chewy" hound, tee-hee-hee) :D

:cool: Too, too cute, GF!
Continued blessings,
Purpod

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just absolutely LOVE those eyes!!! It makes me laugh out loud each time I see them. I have 4 more (one from chewy's same clutch) and none of them has his eyes. :(

Yvonne

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I am so glad you picked him for us. Tim calls him "Chewy Bug"......and you should see him look up when he calls him...he talks to him the whole time he is eating....and he has no fear...only interested in his food. We love him so much.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I had to laugh when I saw that first picture. Cutest thing ever. He's is truly one of a kind. Can't wait for more pictures of him.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Great pictures Terry! Love those expressions!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Terry, Chewy is definitely a looker. LOL
You did a great job capturing his expressions. How could anybody not love that face.
:)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
LOL anyone else get a little creeped out by pix # 3? I thought uh oh turtle stalker. awesome pics though.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
dmmj said:
LOL anyone else get a little creeped out by pix # 3? I thought uh oh turtle stalker. awesome pics though.

After he eats, he just sits under a plant for a while and looks out at us. I have had boxies, (my oldest was 60 + years) but NONE like Chewy. He has NO fear...will try any food that you give him....will eat right out of your hand...personality +++++. I have him in my bedroom, and he will just sit and watch me while I am at my computer. Some people that I have showed him to, asked if he has eye lids. He is one of Yvonne's babies.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Does he eat in the water? I've heard of people feeding their turtles in a separate feeding area in water to keep the enclosure clean. What I'd be curious to know is if he'll eat in water and on land though? Or, just water?

Cool!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
When I got him Yvonne told me that she fed him in the water, and I have done the same just so he wouldn't get too stressed with all the changes. I also put some chopped up fruit and veggies, with a little mazuri in his viv. and when I look in on him in the AM it is gone, so I guess he will eat on land too.

Status
Not open for further replies.