Update on Michelle (constipated)

Melis

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
Like I said unfortunately I don't have the funds. I know I'll probably be crucified for this if I don't but it's simply not an option right now. This tortoise was found by someone I know and I'm doing my best to help her. It's either something small enough for her to pass or it's not. If not I can't afford the surgery anyway. If surgery for the worst case scenario is not an option, why put her through the extra stress?
Because she could be suffering. If it’s a worst case scenario and surgery is needed which you can’t afford, then she should be surrendered to someone that can provide proper care. Who knows, it could be an issue that’s too far gone that euthanasia is the only humane option. But again, no one on this forum will be able to tell you the issue.

TurtisTime

5 Year Member
texas
Because she could be suffering. If it’s a worst case scenario and surgery is needed which you can’t afford, then she should be surrendered to someone that can provide proper care. Who knows, it could be an issue that’s too far gone that euthanasia is the only humane option. But again, no one on this forum will be able to tell you the issue.
Right. I've considered surrendering her to someone if it gets worse.
But for now I'm going I keep trying. She does not appear to be dieing. She sleeps a lot but is very responsive. She walks around, desides how much sun she wants, watches her surroundings etc. when she is outside. If she wasn't moving I'd be more worried. She's a big girl and she was acting fine before the stress of moving. If I can't help her get through this I'll find someone else who can. Until then I'm assuming it's from poor diet and stress. So, I'm going to try my best to offer her any remedies that I can.

TurtisTime

5 Year Member
texas
I feel like because she pooped today maybe I should give it a few days before I try anything new? To see how she does.
But just to show that I'm not pulling this "mineral oil up the cloaca" idea out of my own cloaca. Here are a couple of examples why I even got this idea in the first place. There are a handful of interesting threads where the situation sounds very similar to mine and some senior members of the forum have left advice for mineral oil into the cloaca.

Attachments

• IMG_2164.PNG
    IMG_2164.PNG
    170.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2165.PNG
    IMG_2165.PNG
    136.9 KB · Views: 15

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
I feel like because she pooped today maybe I should give it a few days before I try anything new? To see how she does.
But just to show that I'm not pulling this "mineral oil up the cloaca" idea out of my own cloaca. Here are a couple of examples why I even got this idea in the first place. There are a handful of interesting threads where the situation sounds very similar to mine and some senior members of the forum have left advice for mineral oil into the cloaca.
I totally believed you in that but I’ve just never done it.