Update on Miracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

randy

5 Year Member
Today after having her for 12 days I was smart enough to decide to measure her and keep a record. She was 2 1/4 width and 2 1/2 length on the bottom of her shell, 3 1/8 width and 2 7/8 length on her top which was unusual for the width to be longer than the length but I guess my eyes were playing tricks on me and re-did and got the same thing. She is doing fabulous, today she got about 1 hour of walking around munching on clovers in the front yard which I am thinking is one if not her favorite, then I brought some warm water out in her soak bowel and soaked her for around 10-15 minutes in the sunshine. She seems to enjoy and gets pretty full on her daily walk, so I give her a little bit in the day time and then give her a few pieces of her salad at bed time. Thursday I was holding her and she was bringing her head down to my finger with her mouth open so I put her on the grass real quick since I figure she wouldn't like meat to much, realized she was hungery. She has been out all but one day since I've had her and I've soaked her all but one day also, she is beginning to increase her speed while out side alot, she is beginning to cover ground while walking alot faster than I thought she could. Just a quick question for you all?, we have some real tall weeds next to the house, dandelions and others that she eats, can these be cut and washed and put into the refrigerator for a day or so or is this not such a good idea.

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Sounds like she is settling in great :D
You can but i like to get a bowl and i the morning i go out and pick them then cut them inside the house and feed them right to him :) But i think it will be fine what you want to do.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Its because of the shell deformity. It's easier for the shell to grow out, but with good care it should not be to much of an issue as she grows... Keep up the great work..

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Awesome stuff...also, yes you can cut and store the dandelion and other weeds...just remember that if you cut and store they will begin to wilt rather quickly....I usually will but my score in a soft sided ice chest and then I will lay a damp paper towel over the top of the pile in the ice chest, close it down and slide the whole chest into the fridge...this will keep dandelions about 2-3 days in the fridge....

However, if I had them right in my yard in abundance I would simply do the collecting each day (unless of course schedule will not allow it :D)...

randy

5 Year Member
dmarcus said:
Its because of the shell deformity. It's easier for the shell to grow out, but with good care it should not be to much of an issue as she grows... Keep up the great work..

Not sure what you mean by shell deformity?, the shell looks absolutely normal or as normal as I have seen in a Turtle/Tortoise. Is this a common thing?

randy

5 Year Member
dmarcus said:
Sorry I was thinking of a different tortoise...

No problem, figure you might know more about this than me.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I should have looked back at your posts and I would have seen that your tortoise had a adventure getting to you.

Sounds like she is doing fantastic and has a good appetite...

Status
Not open for further replies.