Update on Tiny Theodore the scared baby

Tinytheodore

Location (City and/or State)
England
So it’s 4 days of being Theodores mummy he is beginning to warm up to me. I gave him his first bath today and I thinks it’s clear he had not been bathed much by pet shop because he hated it. Tomorrow I’m going to be using a non transparent tub to see if this helps. I’ve also put sterilised top soil and make it much deeper. He is currently in his log house burrowed now sleeping. He no longer “hisses” but he is still very easily startled. When I open the door to his room he looks over to see what’s coming through. I can’t thank everyone enough for the support. I genuinely feel like a worried mother haha

Here are some new photos to enjoy, I’ve got a trixie bridge arriving tomorrow :) IMG_8640.jpgIMG_8639.jpg

Tinytheodore

England
My tort doesn't like his soaks either but it's essential whether he likes it or not. Just like when you were a kid and your mom made you eat your vegetables.

For sure :) he needs to get used to it because it’s going to be happening daily. I’m sure he will start to enjoy it at some point. It was he first time bless him :)

Tinytheodore

England
Ok, so it’s nearly 3 weeks now and we have had to move his table under the stairs because the conservatory was just tooo hot! He hasn’t mind the change. I’ve sewed some seeds and they are growing nicely. It’s become apparent that cucumber is a favourite of his so is now a weekly special treat for him. He loved baths now and poos in them every time. Learning about his personality is still something to develop on especially his routine. He’s a happy tort and I’m loving him being my shell baby. He’s still scared but only if you go in front of his face. He even scared himself when he was drying after a bath with his own leg. Here are a few more pictures and by the way, he hated a strawberry treat. IMG_8755.jpgIMG_8753.jpgIMG_8678.jpgIMG_8670.jpg