(Update) Temps okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gran Pulse
Hey guys,
Sorry for the hourly post. :( Your help is much appreciated. I won't bug you guys as much once I get on my feet.

So, I will be referring to the new baby star as "LuLu" for now. This is subject to change at any time. :D

Just wanted to check in on temps and humidity.

Basking area: 85-90
Cool down area during the day 70-74
Humidity is 40%
Should I be misting her everyday (don't want her to get cold) on top of soaking her 2x a day?

Night time
No basking area (duh)
Warm side is 80
LuLu is typically on the warm side sleeping
She has NEVER used her hidebox with moist peat moss but I have only had her a few days and I think she is still adjusting.

I am using mulch. I am providing UVB for 13 hours a day for LuLu.

Any thing I need to change? :tort: :tort:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Basking should be 95-100 at least. I don't know what kind of tort you have. Reminds us so we can know if your humidity and other temps is correct. The cool down area temp maybe too low. Depends on type of tort.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
Sorry, she/he is a Star. My spouse corrected me cool down is 80..

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The basking temps should be brought up to around 100.

Humidity is fine. If you are soaking twice a day, spraying really isn't necessary. Splashing the tortoises shell when it is soaking will help. What type of lighting are you using? Does your tortoise get outside time?

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
Neal,
Okay will shoot for 100. That's a hard one. :/ I am using one Mercury one that has UVB and heat source. And then a high watt heat source. On the cool side. I am using a lower watt light and at night a ceramic heater. In the middle of her habitat is a hanging UVB source. It's one of those long ones that fits in a light fixture. I took her outside 2x. She hates it. I have to wonder if the sun hurts her eyes. Now, our temps are reaching 103 outside and feel it's a little to hot for her. Don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.