Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston / Webster, TX
It's funny how when you see something every day, you don't notice the growth so much. I was measuring Darwin and I know he is growing but I just really didn't see it. That is until I pulled out his first tracing and compared it to his latest. I'm no expert but I think that's pretty good growth for 2 months? What do you think?

Attachments

• photo (82).JPG
    photo (82).JPG
    559.7 KB · Views: 115

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Good growth and I love the way you do it. Wish I had thought of that two years ago.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Hey, that's really cool! How did you make the tracing? It looks like you set him on a piece of paper and drew around him???

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
Moozilion said:
Hey, that's really cool! How did you make the tracing? It looks like you set him on a piece of paper and drew around him???

That is exactly what I did. Only each tracing is on one piece of paper. It's really not that easy because he wants to pee on it every time. lol Then I just trace them both onto one piece pf paper.

Tom said:
Looks good to me. Got weights?

You know Tom, I am a bad tortoise daddy because I keep forgetting to buy a scale. I know I really should. I guess I will try to run out and get one today...

LLLReptile

TFO Sponsor
5 Year Member
That is a really neat idea, and a great way to compare sizes! Looks good :)

-Jen

TortyTom

5 Year Member
Houston / Webster, TX
Thanks guys! It really does help make me feel like I'm doing things right, when I can look and see growth like that.

srod

5 Year Member
New Orleans
thanks for the idea. I'm going to to this from now on since my sulcata never sits still near a ruler, lol

Vickie

5 Year Member
Its neat to see someone else do this but my kids for school. BTW good way to not worry about it is to put a dog pee pad below its bum until you need to draw that part then slip it out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.