Upgrades and questions

TheLastGreen

Location (City and/or State)
Johannesburg
I finally got to changing the substrate.
20220409_135221_001.jpgI compacted it real hard. The first time wasn't hard enough, so he struggled to walk, but after compacting he walks fine.
I've also added leaves.
My question is when he walks around a lot he'll open his beak wide open, move his head slightly forward and pull back, does anyone know what it could be?20220409_143956.gif
(He does have a small bit of coir by his mouth, he's been doing this for the last few days, I'm scared it could be him choking on something. It wasn't this bad, it just grew worse and today it really flared up. It's the same thing I took for a RI a while back)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I finally got to changing the substrate.
View attachment 342949I compacted it real hard. The first time wasn't hard enough, so he struggled to walk, but after compacting he walks fine.
I've also added leaves.
My question is when he walks around a lot he'll open his beak wide open, move his head slightly forward and pull back, does anyone know what it could be?View attachment 342950
(He does have a small bit of coir by his mouth, he's been doing this for the last few days, I'm scared it could be him choking on something. It wasn't this bad, it just grew worse and today it really flared up. It's the same thing I took for a RI a while back)
Could be RI. Stress can hamper the immune system. Changing the enclosure can stress them.