Upsetting sulcata.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Why don't you see if they have a web site, or better yet an email address. If you give it too us, we could all send them an email, demanding the tortoise get better housing and care. If they don't respond with improvements, do you know enough people you could get to picket in front of the store. If he's "famous" he wouldn't want the bad rep. There has to be someone high up in the city that would give a crap. Even a radio station, newspaper reporter, someone?

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
Our city is a huge tourist area... And I've talked to the owner of the tortoise, but he swears its in perfect health.... People like that sicken me! Uuugh! I wish I could just give the guy a better home

And yea the scute is completely gone! Idk if it fell off or what. But his shell is dry, so I wouldn't be surprised if it cracked or something.

And there are enough people. But not enough that would do it. It sucks. I've seen them let the tort walk around the store... But they need more than that... He's going to get huuuuge soon. Idk what they plan to do with him then.

I've told him what needs to be changed, but nothing has changed yet. He had water this time. But it was in a dog bowl. He needs something he can get in and soak if he wants to.

looneybug

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
el cajon ca usa
I wish I was there to help. . . By now I think I would have gone crazy and demanded him to get the tort help. . .It just makes me so angry this type of thing is criminal and unacceptable. . . I hope he gets help

Status
Not open for further replies.