Upside down

emma.brown91

I've just found my 1 year old upside down...I think he was trying to climb something in his enclosure and lost balance. Is there anything I need to be aware of? I just put him he right way up again obviously.
8f1956b0f0be8743271d6e6704f3ab41.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I would remove whatever he's trying to climb

turdle yerdle

IL
My tortoise was flipped ounce too, he was able to get back up himself before could reach him :p

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
How big is your enclosure? Your tort could be telling you it needs more space. Some are just very adventurous though; mine is * sigh *

Rather than completely removing everything that can possibly be climbed, landscaping the enclosure so it undulates (goes up and down gently) and putting in some sight barriers to make the enclosure more explorable may help.

emma.brown91

I will definitely do that. He loves to climb things. This is his enclosure, I've just taken out the log which is what he likes to climb over. He normally makes it over but I'm worried it will happen again while I'm at work

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A gorgeous little tort! :D GOD bless.

Please keep an eye on him when you're at home. Oli gave me a hard time till I found out what it was he used to cling on so as to try any climb out, after which he'd flip on his back! I got rid of it immediately, and that solved the issue thank GOD. ;)