URGENT! (hole in head)

ErinandSheldon

My 1 year old Greek tortoise has a hole in his head,it appears to be a missing scale, but I'm not sure, it also seems to have gotten worse! I am new to taking care of them, will someone please tell me what this is, and how to treat it? Thank you so much, I am so worried!!! ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1468531016.595094.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
If it were mine I'd just put a dab of Neosporin on it. But if you're really worried, take him to the vet.

ErinandSheldon

Is there another tortoise around?
Is it a bite wound?
It doesn't look very serious. He's lucky.
There isn't another tortoise around so it can't be a bite wound, I don't know what it is, do touchable any recommendations for treating it?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
My 1 year old Greek tortoise has a hole in his head,it appears to be a missing scale, but I'm not sure, it also seems to have gotten worse! I am new to taking care of them, will someone please tell me what this is, and how to treat it? Thank you so much, I am so worried!!! View attachment 180237

Looks more like a dent than a hole....does not appear to be anything wet and infected so I would not worry....if it were me that is :p

jockma

5 Year Member
Los Angeles County
Is it possible he's too dry/dehydrated? I notice on some dehydrated torts their scales shrink inwards on their head. I don't know if it ever creates an actual dent, though.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I'd take him to a vet: you seem to be very worried. Please keep us updated.

And welcome to the forum.