URGENT!turtle almost drowned.

Stevieturtlelady

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
My turtle was found upsidown 3 days ago. It could've been two hours at the most! he's eating fine and walking steady and he has Peed he is just lazier than usual do you think he is OK ? To revive him my mom blew his nose and pat on his back he automatically started breathing again . He is just a baby 3 inches long he is a baby sulcata!(Gus Gus)

Stevieturtlelady

Texas
Oh forgot to say. He was upside down and his water bowl not on the ground , that's why we blew in his nose.

Stevieturtlelady

Texas
Here he is

Attachments

• IMG_6293.JPG
    IMG_6293.JPG
    636.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6453.JPG
    IMG_6453.JPG
    954.7 KB · Views: 34

Mende

San Diego
I would provide him with a larger enclosure, more room to roam outside of the water dish.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yes he will be fine . Just keep a eye on him .

Stevieturtlelady

Texas
We are about to move him into a much bigger enclosure we blew air into his nose. It worked perfectly and he started breathing.

omhoge

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
So glad to read your tortoise is OK and very happy you were able to resuscitate him. We use one of those shallow fake rock feeding bowls for our tortoise's water, its deep enough for him to drink from but if he were to fall back into it there's no way his head would be submerged. You may need a smaller dish right now, Maybe when yours is a bit bigger this one will work. Hope that helps, and good wishing your pet a long and happy life! (no expert here but this works for us)
exo-terra-feeding-dish.jpg