Uvb

Koen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Belgium
Hi guys,

Expecting 1.1 kleinmanni next month with an additional female later this year.

I have a 210x85cm table for them. Substrate and basking spot have been sorted out but I still have a question about the uvb. Would 1 Arcadia 54w T5 12% be sufficient? That’s about 120cm. I still have an additional 50w UVB source with external ballast which I can hang as well or should I just take 2 Arcadia’s and put both of them over the entire table or would that be to excessive? They will have sufficient shadow available.

Thx!

Koen

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Hi guys,

Expecting 1.1 kleinmanni next month with an additional female later this year.

I have a 210x85cm table for them. Substrate and basking spot have been sorted out but I still have a question about the uvb. Would 1 Arcadia 54w T5 12% be sufficient? That’s about 120cm. I still have an additional 50w UVB source with external ballast which I can hang as well or should I just take 2 Arcadia’s and put both of them over the entire table or would that be to excessive? They will have sufficient shadow available.

Thx!

Koen
The one 46" T5 12.0 will be totally sufficient.

Koen

5 Year Member
Belgium
thanks - I assume I should hang it about 30cm above the highest point on the carapace?

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
thanks - I assume I should hang it about 30cm above the highest point on the carapace?
Normally, that bulb should be more like 20" - 50cm above tortoise height if it is in a refelctive hood fixture. The only way to tell for sure is with a solarmeter 6.5 to check the actual reading in your application.