Very active

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Our Boris is usually very laid back and sleeps a lot. The last few days he has been very active very early in the morning and late at night. We normally don't see him in the evening but the last 3 days he has been walking all around his cage and going up/down his ramp to his second lookout level. Lol.
He has been awake by 4-5 am the last few days. He normally is awake by 7am. I am not sure how much he has slept during the day the last few days but he has been awake when I get home around 5 and he stays pretty active during the evening time. He even has still been awake around 11pm when we go to bed.
I am glad to see him so active but it is so unusual for him. I think he might be wanting to get outside but unfortunately we haven't had warm enough weather for me to put him out on the deck with his outdoor enclosure. When it's nice out he loves going out on the deck and looking out and than going into his enclosure when he feels like it.
Tonight I did take him out on the deck to see if that would help him and he seemed to enjoy it but it was getting chilly so I brought him in and than let him walk around a little until he found a corner and decided to chill there, do I put him in his enclosure and he has decided to nap. :)

His indoor enclosure isn't small so it's not like he is cramped for space plus he has never been like this and we have had him for 1-1/2 years.
Here are some photos of his indoor enclosure and him outside enjoying the fresh air tonight.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399508004.378008.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399508016.729353.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399508042.804027.jpg

This was Boris last summer.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399508171.019561.jpg. I am sure this is what he is wanting. Lol.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Active is good. I agree, he probably just wants to be outside. He just needs to be a little more patient and wait for your weather to warm up!
Nice enclosure. :)

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Active is good. I agree, he probably just wants to be outside. He just needs to be a little more patient and wait for your weather to warm up!
Nice enclosure. :)
Thank you! I like that he is active, it's just so unlike him. Lol. I always read about other tortoises and how active they are. Not Boris. :).