Vet visit Wednesday - Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
I was downstairs cleaning enclosures and my one sulcata had a very faint runny nose but a bunch of bubbles coming out of its eye! Called the vet asap. Of course he was leaving. Said because of his size that he would be ok until Wednesday. Resp. infection? Any suggestions to help until Wednesday? Thanks!

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Keep him extra warm. I've heard that helps with resp. Infections. Good luck!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Ok, went to the vet. As I expected a upper resp. infection. Early stages. I now have to give my first tort injections. They did one there and I have to do 1 in 48 hours and then every 72 hours. They gave me claforan (cefataxime) 100 mg/ml. So hopefully this will do the trick. What a challenge getting that shot in his leg. Almost broke my finger.

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I recently had to do the same thing. Cleared it up.
I hope he gets well soon.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Dee, hope he recovers quickly. Seems like a lot of that going around right now. Watch those fingers! What size is your boy?

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks for all of your well wishes. Juno is 6.6 lbs. He is my middle sized sulcata. I have one a little larger and one a little smaller. I think I am going to put a dowel behind his front let next time. The bugger is so strong that it was really difficult to hold his leg out. My thumb was so crushed that the vet tech kept asking if I was ok. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.