Video of bubbles

pzowt

5 Year Member
Hey guys,

Recently I've been noticing my 2 and a half year old leopard blowing bubbles through her nose a lot. I was planning to upload just a straight video of her breathing out the nose-bubbles, but decided to do a whole sequence of clips to make a video more…entertaining to the general public.
You can see the bubbles at the following times:
0:42
2:20
2:28
2:34
2:50

What could cause this?? And how should I treat this????

Here is the video;
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p353LU5FJjs[/video]

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I didn't see any bubbles? Are you sure of your leopards age? Seems small for 2 1/2 years old. But if you are seeing bubbles then I'm sure the experienced tortoise people here will tell you to soak your tortoise in warm water daily, if not a couple of times a day. I'm not sure what else. I hope someone has better advice for you.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Have you checked Tom's threads on how to keep sulcata and leopard torts? Your enclosure seems awfully dry to me, but I don't keep leopards, so maybe more experienced keepers will be along soon.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Yep, and unfortunately it does appear to be mucous discharge. Could be a sign of trouble. It is an exceptionally nice looking leopard with nice and smooth shell. How long have you had the tort?
What are the husbandry parameters? Day time ambient temperature in the room? Basking temp? Night temp? Humidity? How does the tort get UVB? Outdoor time?

My guess is the tort is kept too cold unless your house is at 80F. If not, I would bump up the temp to 85F day with and night with additional CHE heater, basking spot to around 100F-105F. Daily warm soaks. Keep the substrate damp. If the room has cool drafts, or blowing airconditioning that's a big problem for open shallow enclosure, tort may be in risk for respiratory infection.

If the discharge doesnt improve in a week to two or the tort stops eating, its time to see an exotic vet specializing in reptiles. Very nice looking leopard, hope the discharge clears up!