Sneezing and runny nose HELP!

rosie20

I have recently bought a herman tortoise 2 weeks ago. She's a year old and have started noticing bubbles coming out of her nose and has also been sneezing a lot, it sounds painful. Temperature in vivarium is always between 30-32. Could someone please give me some advice.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
More experienced members on here will pitch in and give you better advice. But my suggestion is to give her a nice warm soak for a good 20-30 mins, keep the temps high, and possibly get her to the vet. Maybe they can prescribe some antibiotics?

rosie20

I keep soaking her already for 10-15 mins and am going to vets tomorrow I just don't want them to diagnose her wrongly and do more harm than good

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
You can always post what they prescribed for her and then the experts can pitch in on whether that's a good med to give or not. Some meds can do more harm than good. -Gus

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Sounds like a upper resp infection. See what vet gives you then ask here on the forum.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Sneezing does not automatically mean RI, clear liquid bubbles do not automatically mean RI...if the tort is new, and you say it is....the stress from the new location can create clear bubbles....

What substrate are you using? Is it moistened some? Is the substrate hand packed down to a firm grounding?
Is the enclosure open top table or an aquarium?
What is the day and night temps you are keeping in the enclosure?
Is the tortoise eating?
Is the tortoise moving about a bit (keeping in mind that you have a young tort that is).?
Where did you acquire the tort from? Pet shop, private party?