Visiting Dr. Peter Pritchard

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools

While I was in Florida during the end of the summer, I was able to meet Dr. Peter Pritchard in person, an opportunity I will never forget. His hospitality and gentle nature was tremendous. I visited while presenting him with theTurtleRoom's first ever CHelEd Award, which will be given annually for outstanding achievement in chelonian focused education. One of the coolest parts of the visit was when Dr. Pritchard answered my wife's question by telling her that it would be impossible to choose one place, out of the countless parts of the world he had travelled, where he most enjoyed educating children about turtles. This is amazing stuff. Hope you enjoy as much as I did.

Anthony

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Very cool! Turtle/tortoise people have always carried a certain wonderful characteristic

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Now I want to go back to Florida to meet with cool turtle people . Thanks for sharing .

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan

While I was in Florida during the end of the summer, I was able to meet Dr. Peter Pritchard in person, an opportunity I will never forget. His hospitality and gentle nature was tremendous. I visited while presenting him with theTurtleRoom's first ever CHelEd Award, which will be given annually for outstanding achievement in chelonian focused education. One of the coolest parts of the visit was when Dr. Pritchard answered my wife's question by telling her that it would be impossible to choose one place, out of the countless parts of the world he had travelled, where he most enjoyed educating children about turtles. This is amazing stuff. Hope you enjoy as much as I did.

Anthony
Thank you, Anthony!! Conservation does definitely begin with education, and we need a lot more education in this area!

I happened to locate the press release if anyone would like to read more on Dr. Pritchard's work. He did so much and I kind of want to flip through his books!!! :rolleyes:

https://theturtleroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/2015ChelEdPressRelease.pdf

I'd like to check out it out more later, but you guys have a pretty cool website too! :D

popeye tortoise

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
We need more people out there like him so other people can be more active in helping secure the future of these animals.

Thank you

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
This is extremely cool, Anthony!
Thanks for sharing this.