Wagging Tail

To-To

I have owned a my russian tortoise To-To (his name is a pun of turtle) for about half a year now and have been constantly looking up stuff about him so he doesnt get sick

I already know that when he waves his tail he is about to unleash, but this morning i was letting him walk around and he started wagging it left and right, every time he walked

is he happy? is he old or young? is he sad or hungry? or does it mean absolutely nothing?

To-To

guys, i get im new to the foroum, but cmon if your gonna welcome me atleast come with an awnser

HLogic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
nevermind he just **** himself
Wasn't your response a sufficient answer? If not, a wagging tail generally is followed by either excreta or an ovum and considering you refer to it as a "him"; that sort of limits the options...

Welcome to the forum!

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Observation is one of the best ways to learn! You will build your library of knowledge more from that than any other method.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's kind of redundant for us to give you the same answer you just came up with yourself. But here goes:

Welcome to the forum! When a tortoise moves his tail side to side it usually means he's getting ready to poop.

Miranda Rivas

Oregon
My female does the same thing when i let her walk around, but never poops... just wags it.

Gwan-Thwei

My female doesn't wag her tail before she poops. She does it more often when she's exploring a new area or heading towards something interesting.