Tortoises wag their tails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bonifay, FL
Does anyone elses tortoise wag their tail? My Sully, 2 months old, he wags his tail pretty often, he does it when he is sniffing, he sniffs everything and when he is sniffing around the food area I notice his tail just a wagging and have also seen him do it during soaks.. Is this common and what does it mean? Happiness?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
they usually do it before they go poop.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
Agreed.. mine does it when he's "passing gas" or trying to poop. Normal sulcata behavior, they are gassy little boogers! :p

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
lol, ok, u know I swore i hear him pass gas the other day but told myself nah, but guess thats whats up

rasputin

5 Year Member
East Midlands UK
My boys wag their tails now and again, I think it's so cute. But now come to think of it, if I put 2&2 together it normally follows me having to clear up someone's mess lol

Not so cute anymore

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
My CDTs wag when they come out of sprinkler or their outside water dishes in the heat of the day....they don't do their business during soaks so with them it seems when they have come out from a drink and a cool down....now the RFs wag just before they poo or pee.....not so much coming out of a dip and drink....to this day I yet to hear a tortoise toot their horn....lol:D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Cooper wags his tail very often. And since he normally only poops in the bath I figure he either pass's gas very often or maybe, just maybe, he could be a little happy. I like to think he may just like his dad a lot! :p if I had a tail I would wag it for Cooper! Lol!!

Status
Not open for further replies.