Walkers Winter Pics

Sa Ga

Location (City and/or State)
MN
You sound like an outstanding tortie mom! ?❤
It makes me so tearfully happy to hear of people going so far out of their way to take such stellar care of their shell-babies! They are not low-maintenance pets and too many ppl half-a** it.

I was once at a Petsmart buying UVB tubes and I ran into a lady who had just found and decided to keep a tortoise. We got talking and she didn't know what she really needed. She decided UVB was too expensive and decided "to pass" on them. I wanted to cry!

Sa Ga

MN
Put a little square of plywood on the house scale, then position an upside down 5 gallon bucket on the plywood. Put Walker on the bucket. That's how I weigh my bigguns'.
Oh wow....how do you lift them ON TO the bucket???

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Oh Well, No pics of Walker in the snow this year. No real winter here this year either. But Walker has stuck to his normal winter routine he is still pooping in his house like he has always done, until it warms up. After the warm weather gets here he will poop in the yard again. He comes out in the late afternoon to early evening and spends around an hour or 2 wandering around and eating no matter how chilly it is. The last thing he eats before going back into his house is the mazuri that I have close to his door. I put mazuri in other places that he eats on his wandering about, but whats by his house is eaten last even though he sees it when he comes out for his daily walkabout. Some pics from today.Picture 002 3 5 2020.jpgPicture 005 3 5 2020.jpgwalker 3 5 2020.jpgHeres one that everyone says to never do, but these two have been best of friends for 11 years.Picture 008 3 5 2020.jpg This winter has been so mild I spotted a Broad Head skink warming up at the front porch today.