WalkingRocks Annual Visit to Westwood

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
He looks round and not shaped properly. How well did he walk? If he walked with just his front legs I would suspect MBD (Metabolic Bone Desease) I certainly hope he took your husbandry skills to heart! Delilah looks great!

FYI... tell your librarian that (depending on what state your in) there may be paperwork and permits to attain for the Desert Tortoise. If your in Texas he may well be Contraband.

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
He looks round and not shaped properly. How well did he walk? If he walked with just his front legs I would suspect MBD (Metabolic Bone Desease) I certainly hope he took your husbandry skills to heart! Delilah looks great!

FYI... tell your librarian that (depending on what state your in) there may be paperwork and permits to attain for the Desert Tortoise. If your in Texas he may well be Contraband.

He didn't walk much. At the time I thought he was really scared. I was so focused on Delilah was not able to really watch him. Not to mention, I was trying to be really careful with what I said or my reactions. I didn't want him to become defensive and take offense to anything I said for multiple reasons. He seemed to handle things well enough but visibly upset with the differences. Hopefully he is able to make adjustments quickly. I made sure to explain that we had/ have many changes that we are still working on! You have to start somewhere! ;)

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
Oh, we are AZ. I need to do some research on the little desert tort. It's my "current" understanding that they can only be gifted for educational purposes but I will get it figured out. Thanks for all your assistance :)