Want to speak to a vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NY
Hi,
I wasn't sure where to put this on the forum. I am interested in becoming a vet. So I figured I should ask because there are some vets on here. please message me, Id like to ask some questions.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
if you can find a program to do volunteer work at.. that will help you see what it is like as well..
Do you want to be a Dog/cat vet or livestock or exotics? Wildlife?
Its all different. Most of teh Vet I know that do Exotics, do so on the side. They work in a regular practice and do the other stuff
when they can. But its calif. so not as many good things out here!

Kolorbl1nd

5 Year Member
NY
Laura said:
if you can find a program to do volunteer work at.. that will help you see what it is like as well..
Do you want to be a Dog/cat vet or livestock or exotics? Wildlife?
Its all different. Most of teh Vet I know that do Exotics, do so on the side. They work in a regular practice and do the other stuff
when they can. But its calif. so not as many good things out here!

I will be starting volunteering at the aspca in jan and I will also be starting the vet tech program in jan. Im hoping to work with small animals like cats and dogs but have a specialty in reptiles. I def have the smarts to do well academically im just concerned with the upsetting aspects of the job. I understand though that its more about the lives Id be saving.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
you learn to distance yourself, to be able to do your your job well, yet still be compasionate to the clients. If you dont, then the sadness can be overwhelming.. delicate balance...

Status
Not open for further replies.