Wanted small to moderate sized tortoise located in Philippines at reasonable price.

JustRacey

I've found that local filipinos the instant they find out I am an American usually double the price on me ( went through that when buying my horse, but know the equine market far better than tortoise market), so I am looking for a reputable breeder or legitimate seller of legal hand raised tortoises. I do not want a huge species in the event I finally decide to return to the USA, I don't want to try shipping a 200#+ animal back to the USA or have to find it a new home. Any help would be appreciated.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Read through the different care sheets. Skip the sulcata and Aldabra ones, they get too big. The Mountain Blacks I believe are too big also. Most any species would do great in your temps. A good first tort would be a Hermanns, Greek or Russian. All stay fairly small.

JustRacey

Had already written off sulcata & leopards and will remember to include Mountain Blacks. Up by Manila finding some ads for Stars, Radiated and Russians w Russians being the price-isn't. Just would like a handle on the breeders. I'very been in horse, dog, cat and other animal /livestock breeding most of my life and know breeder reputation goes a long way in helping with trust when venturing into a new area as tortoises are for me.